Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just a bit of an update!

It's been about 17 days since I last wrote. It's been an incredible month so far, and God has been blessing my soul so much. That may sound cheesy, but it's true! His still, small voice; His precious, sweet words whispered straight to my heart have been unlike times previous in my relationship with Him, and I'm in love all over again with my King!

This month, as I wrote in a previous post, Brent and I have been doing a spending fast, which has been awesome. We broke it during Martin Luther King Jr. weekend and spent a bit on - I won't lie - eating out. The first time was fine because we had a wonderful time spent with friends celebrating a belated birthday, and it was so nice to know that after having not spent anything for almost three weeks (a BIG deal for us), we had no guilt in spending money on an occasion like that. It was a great lesson. Then we had a coupon the next night, and then I had a girl day with a friend the next day. Then we realized how lousy we felt for not only breaking our fast that many times, but also realizing that we were spending when we didn't need to. So we said, "OK, no more." It was another great lesson for us, and we've been back on track since then.

I've also been reading the Bible in 90 days, and while I admit to have spread out my daily readings a couple times to more than one day (Exodus...Leviticus...oy vey!), I've stuck to it, and I'm so pleased with myself. To be honest, it's amazing God's consistency in the Old and New Testaments, and it's amazing reading the common stories, being reminded of my heritage in God and seeing Him at work in the lives of ordinary people. The same God of the Old Testament is the same God that lives and operates in me today! How glorious!

Also, I'm two weeks into a three-week social media break, which for me has included Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. (Twitter too, but I never really use that.) The last two weeks have been so liberating! It's funny how much we can let social media subtly control us, rather than us controlling ourselves in how much we use it. For me though, it wasn't just a break from the fact that I spent way too much time using it, but it was also a refocusing time on how I have used social media, and how I want to use it from now on. I haven't entirely figured out the specifics of my future social media usage plans, but I did use this list as a template for my devotional time regarding the break I've been taking from it, and it's been very eye-opening.

I've also been brainstorming a lot of different blogging ideas and plans, and haven't come to a conclusion yet. I'm going to leave that up to the Lord, and seek Him on what He wants me to do concerning that area of my life, so we'll see. For now, this is where I'm at as a blogger, and I'm enjoying it.

Until next time, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment