Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bye-Bye Vacation! Hello New Year!

Tomorrow, my husband and I go to school for the first time in three weeks!

OK, really it's only two. But it feels like three because we went home to Idaho for a week, and when we got home were able to attend three days of class before the two-week Christmas break began, so...it at least feels like three weeks.

And I'll be totally honest: I feel like the last two weeks have been not very on-purpose. I still read my Bible every morning and prayed, but I didn't do anything else with any sense of "purpose" that I was aware of. It definitely was a nice, long break (I can't believe Christmas was just last week!), but it was entirely self-centered. I literally sat in my house the entire two weeks.

Literally.

And while everyone needs rest, and everyone needs some extended rest like that from time to time, I'm not so sure I did. One week? Yes please! Ten days? Absolutely! Fourteen? Maybe. Sixteen? Way too long.

I feel way out of the loop...way out of the zone...like my groove's been thrown way off.


I didn't really make any serious New Year's resolutions this year, beyond that of my spending fast (so far, so good by the way!) and endeavoring to read the entire Bible in 90 days (also so far, so good). But I figure tomorrow is a great time to hit the ground running all the same: it's the first Monday of 2014!

It's not so much a "start over" as much as it is a "start back up again" for me. I'm excited for tomorrow to get here, but it's also a bit overwhelming because I feel like the last two weeks have been so overloaded with downtime that I don't know how to get going again.

Nevertheless, I know I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! This is going to be an AWESOME year, filled with new adventures and new seasons and new...NEWNESS!

2014, I'm ready for you! Are you ready for me?

The Lord says, “Forget what happened before, and do not think about the past. Look at the new thing I am going to do. It is already happening. Don’t you see it? I will make a road in the desert and rivers in the dry land.
Isaiah 43:18-19 (NCV)

No comments:

Post a Comment