Monday, June 22, 2015

A Monday Confession

I broke down and made a new Instagram account.

For those of you know me well, you may not be at all surprised, and I don't blame you.,,but hear me out. It wasn't because I couldn't handle life without social media; it boiled down to a matter of people. I missed seeing everyone's pictures and life updates.

OK, so maybe that's a direct result of social media's effect on culture, but at the same time, people are important to me...and people that I know personally are very important to me. I like knowing what's going on with my friends and family, and that's not entirely social media related.

Sure, I can be a bit "out of sight, out of mind," but that doesn't mean I don't care. The lack of at least having a basic knowing of what was up with people I care about was making me feel a bit left out of people's lives, and like I was keeping people out of mine, albeit not intentionally.

So, yes...I'm back on Instagram. So, maybe it was a cop-out, but I'm glad to be back in the loop. And I can honestly say at the same time, I didn't miss it. But I did miss people and sharing my life with others, so...there you go.

You can find me on Instagram here.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    It's been a long time since I've been on your blog. Hope all is well.

    PR

    ReplyDelete