Friday, October 18, 2013

Encouragement for Senioritis


This is how I feel right about now.

I'm trying to finish almost three weeks' worth of homework that I'm behind on, but I'm obviously writing this post. (Embarrassing, I know.) Now, I'm going to finish it all this weekend because I'm only four courses away from a bachelors degree and I do not plan on dropping below a C in this course, and have no desire to repeat any classes. I've been going to school off and on since I was 16 (which is now almost ten years, and equally as embarrassing as my horrid procratination!). I'm so very, very close to being finished, but unfortunately have a very, very bad case of senioritis. This senioritis (which isn't an actual disease, but I'm still pretty sure Christ died for all the same) is one of the three reasons I'm debating grad school. What are those reasons, you ask? Well, let me tell you.
  1. Mental. I have no desire to enter my first year of grad school with senioritis. Goodness, that'd be awful beyond description. Not that I couldn't do it, but...why would I want to?
  2. Money. My husband and I went from practically being debt free, save one medical bill, to having now both taken out school loans. While I'm not distraught about it, my goal is to eventually not have said debt. As much as I'd love to get my masters degree, I just don't want to take on a higher amount of debt.
  3. Motherhood. While I have nothing against workin' mamas, neither I nor my hubby have any desire for me to be one when that time comes. (At least not until they're school agers, and even then...I might be homeschooling, so...you know. That might be tough.)
Now, there are plenty of pros to grad school, too, although none of which I'm going to consider at this moment because it hurts my brain. Time to get back to homework. However, before I go, I want to share some encouragement from Pastor Rick Warren from a devotional he wrote called "Why Do I Procrastinate?" - I found this very encouraging for today, and I hope it encourages you as much as it did me! Pastor Rick said, 

"The next time you find yourself procrastinating, 
stop and ask yourself why. 
Then ask God to help you overcome it 
so you can move forward and do what you need to do."

So simple and so true. 

Happy putting off procrastinating! Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment